The Macheist folks have finally quit fucking around with fruity puzzles and just started selling software cheap. This is apparently their final hurrah before the whole thing sinks back into the primordial ooze from which flash sites are born. The deal they’re offering is pretty sweet: a bundle of 8 (and maybe 2 more) shareware apps that would cost nearly $300 individually for $49. It’s a hot deal, and one I’d jump on… except the stuff I really want, I already own.
Here’s what they’re offering:
- Delicious Library - totally kickass, but I own it and don’t really need another copy for any reason.
- FotoMagic - apparently lets you make fancy slideshows. Eh… not compelling.
- Shapeshifter - own it, but only one license, and it would make sense to have two for my two macs (I’m cheating right now)
- DEVONthink personal - one of those organization tools that I use for like a week and then end up never opening again
- Disco - a wildy overhyped CD/DVD burning tool that I don’t want to buy on principle
- RapidWeaver - A pretty fancy WYSIWYG web page authoring tool. Looks kinda cool, but it’s so outside of my usual workflow that I’m unsure if I’d ever need it
- iClip 4 - a more kickass clipboard. Yeah, I just don’t do that much with the clipboard to make this worthwhile
- One game from Pangea - All of their games look stupid, honestly. If it was a game from Ambrosia, I’d totally be up on this
If 5000 bundles are sold:
- NewsFire - a desktop RSS reader that seemed pretty cool, but I already own NewsNewsWire and NewsFire wasn’t that much cooler.
If 10000 bundles are sold:
- TextMate - The best text editor I’ve ever used, period. I also already own it, but another license would keep me morally sound.
OTOH, 25% of the proceeds go to charity, and even as-is it’s probably worth $49 to me. But it’s not a slam dunk for sure.